So I went on more than one photoshoot this past weekend. I shared the skyline pictures I took in a separate post because I wanted to focus on my improvement as a photographer over the last few months. But I also went downtown to wander around before the sun got low enough and took some photos of some interesting parts of downtown Raleigh. They’re not my favorites, but wandering around by myself trying to look like I knew what I was doing was a baby step outside of my comfort zone and into the terrifying world of street photography – something I’m very interested in, but haven’t been brave enough for yet. I also woke up at the crack of dawn the next morning (after 9 glorious hours of sleep) and went to Lake Lynn – my favorite trail to run – to take sunrise pictures. It was early, and freezing, and I had to walk a long way to get to the location I wanted to shoot from, so this was also a bit out of my comfort zone.
This segways perfectly into a theme for this post – trying new things. I am all about trying new things this year. Some more adventurous than others. Some aren’t even new, I’m just being more spontaneous and saying yes to pretty much any opportunity that comes my way. So in between all the photographs, I’ll share some unrelated stories of things I’ve experienced so far.
1) I rented a party bus for me and 5 friends to take us downtown for my birthday. It was legit.
2) I booked a trip to Greece for the summer. I’ll be travelling with a group of strangers in my age group for 11 days.
3) I ate a burger. Yea…I had never eaten a burger. Don’t ask me why. Because this burger I had was magnificent.
4) I went on lots of casual dates. This was very new, mainly because I had been in a relationship since I was 19. Casual dating didn’t really exist in high school. This was also probably one of the less enjoyable experiences, but still had it’s place in my fun little world.
5) I ate sushi. Foreal. I have never been much of a seafood fan so this was a huge fucking deal. Especially because I loved it.
6) I successfully cooked Indian food. I love Indian food, but no one is ever like “hey let’s get Indian food”. It’s just not a common thing for some reason. So I cooked it myself. And it was delicious.
7) I agreed to go to Vegas this summer for a Bachelorette party. Never been. I’m sure it will be a blast.
All of this and it’s only February! Much more excitement to come…